Founded in 1987, Egmond Associates Ltd (EAL) has 25 years of industry experience. EAL specializes in Environmental, Geotechnical, Hydrogeological, and Hydrological Assessments providing geotechnical, environmental, storm water, hydrogeological, materials and forensics consulting and testing services. We are innovators with engineers who have patents in storm water control. We have a proven track record of reliability, strong customer services, and commitment to the client.
We have completed thousands of investigations across Canada and the United States. This includes projects in Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Minnesota, and California.
We have offices and associates in Canada, the US, the UK and the Far East. Our team and or its members or staff holds various professional and industry accreditations. Our president for example is qualified in multiple jurisdictions and on serves the board of the Auditing Association of Canada (AAC).
EAL's vision is to lead the market with senior engineering input on all projects with conservative solutions and value-added time commitments of staff so that projects may benefit from appropriate research and staff time, as well as field based solutions. With 25 years of industry experience, we have honed our skills to include better quality sampling methods, better quality sample control and tracking, and databases to allow us to better serve our client. We have used on-site testing for over a decade for metals which allows us to test for contaminant levels in real time in the field to make better environmental management decisions.
The EAL advantage includes:
- High Level Principal Involvement – EAL firmly believes that it is imperative to the success of the project that senior personnel remain fully informed and involved in projects from inception to completion. This approach provides our clients with access to a wealth of knowledge and experience. Our Principal Engineer has over 30 years of engineering and business experience. His career has covered all aspects of civil engineering, but for the past 25 years has focused on environmental, geotechnical, earth sciences (hydrogeology, hydrology) engineering services.
- Senior Staff and Associates – Our senior staff and associates have decades of experience in a wide variety of specializations. We have senior and principal level engineers with experience in tunnels, construction, hydrogeology, geophysics, concrete, asphalt, soils, water, and environmental issues.
- Accredited Labs – We offer our clients support of labs that are accredited. We want to be sure results are reliable. Our team uses CCIL, CALA, ASTM, MOT qualified labs and methods for specialty works.
- Independence – EAL have no axe to grind for its clients. We are unbiased and offer our opinion on the projects we have. Our clients who use the EAL “Safe by Choice and Measure™” approach, want the unvarnished truth, good, bad, or ugly. We take whatever steps we believe are necessary for our clients to be “Safe by Choice and Measure”.
- Reliability and Stability – EAL is an employee owned corporation. Founded in Acton, Ontario in 1987, and now head quartered in Brampton, Ontario we have completed thousands of projects across Canada and the United States. Many of our senior staff and associates have been with the company for years. We have the history to demonstrate to our clients long term stability and our commitment to the client.
- Respect for the Client – EAL recognizes that you, the client, do not have unlimited resources. We consult with our clients to understand your needs, requirements, and constraints prior to beginning any work. We believe that the needs of the client are paramount and will design an investigation specifically tailored to meet your needs. When we bill, we bill for what we believe is value to the client. As you, the client win, we too win.
John Van Egmond
John Van Egmond is the President and Principal Engineer of EAL. John has over 30 years of experience in the environmental, geotechnical, and hydrogeological engineering fields. He has managed hundreds of projects across Canada. Over this time he has led investigations into a wide variety of projects including homes, high rises, streets, slopes, retaining walls, bridges, utilities, dams, roads, schools, hospitals, factories, stores, subdivisions, towers, landfills, military sites, and airports.
John is a professional engineer in Ontario, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and the State of Minnesota.
To view a copy of John’s resume, email John at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Millette, Chartered Chemist
Nicole Millette is a Chartered Chemist with 6 years experience in geotechnical and environmental reporting and investigations. She is VP Environment with the firm.
Dayo Adeyemo, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Mr. Adeyemo is a graduate of Civil Engineering with over 20 years post qualification experience. He has worked extensively in the civil engineering field in three continents namely Africa, Europe and North America and has pioneered several civil engineering projects from conception to design and execution phase.
He has worked as a senior project manager and Project Director in various engineering consulting firms: namely Coffey Geotechnics Inc., Dufferin Concrete, Consoil Quality Control (Now EXP), Conestoga Rovers and Associates (now GHD), Haskoning Royal Dutch Engineers Netherlands, Egmond Associates Limited, Canada.
Mr. Adeyemo has built over the year’s expertise knowledge in the field geotechnical engineering.
He has carried out several geotechnical designs, geotechnical report writing and construction supervision on municipal projects; others include deep foundation designs, piles ,caissons, slope stability , roads/highways, bridge structures, water dams, weirs, tunneling, seaports, airports, sewage and water systems, review associated with contract documents, project management duties on various projects, proposal writing and business developments to mention a few. Other expertise gathered over the past two decades include environmental design, impact assessments and investigations; Safety trainings, design of cooperate safety plan for organizations, safety audits and safety policy development. He holds a bachelors degree in civil engineering, Diploma in Civil Engineering, a (mini)MBA from Schulich School of Business, Masters Degree and a Doctorate degree (PhD) From the California state University. In addition to the above; He holds a certificate in construction Estimation and certificate in project management from university of Toronto. He is an Associate professor of Civil engineering at the Mohawk College of Technology in Hamilton, Ontario
He is a member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE),U.K; Nigerian Society of Engineers (MNSE); Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technician and Technologists, (CET);Project Management Institute (PMP);Professional Engineers of Ontario.(P.Eng).